I’m on a mission to make the world a better place, one eco-pet product at a time!
Why am I on this eco-crusade? Because when it comes to my pets and yours, I like to know that the products they sleep on, eat from, and play with are safe, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly, and that the people making them have good working conditions and are paid a fair wage.
It’s a simple request! Unfortunately, finding products that meet this criteria is often much harder than it should be.
So, here is my first ‘Eco Pet’ guide, and this one is especially for cats.
Every product featured is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, and none of these products are ‘Made in China’.
- Cat Toys by Honest Pet Products. Eco-friendly and ethically produced, these cat toys by Honest Pet Products are made with organic wool and dyed with chemical free vegetable dyes. Hand-crafted in Mongolia and Nepal by Fair Trade artisans and assembled in the USA by disabled adults. Cats just love the natural woolen texture and lanolin aroma of these toys.
- Orijen Tundra Cat Treats. Biologically appropriate cat treats made in Canada with 100% ranch-raised venison, cage-free quail and wild-caught fish. All natural and preservative free, my cats love these meaty treats!
- ZiwiPeak Daily-Cat Cuisine. Available in a selection of different flavours, ZiwiPeak “Daily-Cat’ Cuisine is a premium quality, moist cat food. Made with real meat which is sourced only from approved New Zealand farms, this cat food offers a balanced diet with added vitamins and minerals. (A list of ZiwiPeak retailers can be found on their website)
- Ike & Stella Cat Collars. Handmade in Los Angeles, these adorable leather cat collars feature woven linen with a hemp back and can be customised with a breakaway safety buckle. For every collar sold, $1 goes to the spay/neuter and homing of potcake puppies in the Bahamas… what’s a potcake puppy? Find out here.
- Green Trading Organic Neem Oil Insecticide. A herbal, natural and certified organic product that is an effective parasite barrier. This chemical-free alternative to flea management is also suitable for dogs, horses and many other companion and farm animals.
- Beco Cat Bowl. These eco-friendly cat bowls are made from sustainable and biodegradable bamboo and rice husks! Dishwasher safe and ergonomically designed with a low rim – perfect for sensitive cat whiskers.