Making the world a better place, one eco-pet product at a time.
I think it’s really important to remember when purchasing items for dogs that they can be sensitive to chemicals and dyes that are used in the manufacturing process. And of course when it comes to play, dogs hold, chew, and retrieve toys in their mouths, so it make perfect sense to ensure that the toys they play with are chemical free and non-toxic. For this reason, the dog toys and accessories featured are non-toxic and, if dyes are used, they are plant based.
- Planet Dog Hemp Collars. Eco-friendly collars that are made from naturally dyed hemp. Available in this scrumptious selection of colours, complete the look with a matching lead. Shop online at Planet Dog NZ
- Jax and Bones ‘Good Karma’ Rope Toys. These hand-tied toys are made from AZO-free cotton rope and dyed with chemical-free vegetable dyes. There are lots of adorable designs to choose from including wild animals, marine creatures and DINOSAURS! Available from all good pet stores or online from Puss & Pooch
- Earth Rated Poop Bags. Waste clean-up bags that biodegrade. An essential must-have for any responsible dog owner. Find your local retailer
- Harry Barker Dog Toys. Plush bone shaped dog toys featuring a tough canvas outer, two-way squeaker and eco-fiberfill stuffing. These toys have received a sustainability design award – and two thumbs up from me. Shop online at Harry Barker
- Himalayan Dog Chews. 100% natural, healthy and delicious dog chews, NO nasties, these are as good as it gets! Available from all good pet stores and vet clinics or shop online at Pet Central
- WashBar Natural Dog Shampoos. Divine grooming products that are as good for your dog as they are for the environment. Made right here in New Zealand! Sold in all good pet stores and vet clinics
- K9 Natural Dog Food. Made in New Zealand, premium quality raw dog food – a bag full of meaty goodness to nurture your dog’s inner wolf (they have a range of meats especially for cats too!) Shop online at K9 Natural